Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Social Networking – The old fashioned way

It’s day 1 at the annual CCC conference and it's great to see so many of our customers all in one place. Sitting in the ballroom at University of Michigan on a beautiful sunny day, I’m struck by the notion that there’s nothing better than meeting face to face. With all the hype about “Social Networking” where all contact is virtual, it’s refreshing to see that the old ways still seem to work best. Don’t get me wrong. I’m a fan of email, web-conferences, chat and the like, but not to the exclusion of a real face-to-face exchange. I’m looking forward to seeing some great presentations, but I’m even more excited about what I hope to be many hallway conversations, where I get to learn about what you’re up to. I’ll try to post as often as often as I can throughout the conference,  but for now let me just say thanks to those of you who journeyed to participate in this old social custom.

No comments:

Post a Comment