Thursday, January 26, 2012

Click Happenings, January 2012 Edition

Life is a blur here in Beaverton. So many exciting things are happening. There was little time to recover from a whirlwind 2011 before we jumped head first into 2012. I thought I’d highlight a few of the notable efforts….

We're bursting at the seams!
Last year was a significant growth year for us and this year looks to be even more explosive. It’s been many, many years since this has happened but we are actually increasing staff in every technical team this year. Very exciting!

Becoming one with Huron
Since Click Commerce was acquired by Huron in November of 2010, we’ve been building new relationships with some of the most talented people in the industry. Working collaboratively with deep domain experts is accelerating our ability to deliver compelling products. (Sheesh! – I sound like I’m in Sales & Marketing :-|) This is one of those rare times, however, when the combining of forces creates a win-win-win scenario and it’s giving us the opportunity to rethink how we approach our products.

A Return to Engineering
A successful year, increased energy around our product offering and a desire to reach a wider audience, are creating opportunities for growth at all levels. A direct result of this is the formation of a new team within Engineering that is dedicated to taking our current product offering a significant step forward. I’m happy to say that I’ve come full circle and am once again on the Engineering team leading this new team. My new role puts me in a position to drive our efforts in a few important areas:

  • The next generation of our product offerings for IRB, COI, Grants, IACUC, and the list goes on.
  • The introduction of standard product level support for integration between disparate Click Solutions as well as 3rd party applications.
  • Ongoing architectural support for active services engagements

As is typical for me, life is busy as I push forward on all of these and work to recruit my new team at the same time. I’m very excited to advance our product offering and will be posting updates as work proceeds.

C3 Planning
Planning for the upcoming C3 conference at the University of South Florida April 3-5 is in full swing. If you haven’t already, you should register at C3 2012, April 3-5. I look forward to seeing you all there!

That’s it for now. The new year brings a new resolution to post to this blog more than I’ve done recently, so there’s more to come.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment