Thursday, December 24, 2009

A time to reflect

As I wrap up the first year of my second stint with Click Commerce, I find myself looking back over the year with a real appreciation for the company and the wonderful customers I get to work with. Rejoining Click last December as Services Manager after nearly 2 years away took me full circle as I started in the services group way back in 1999, when Click Commerce was still Webridge, before moving into the Engineering team to manage our product's transition into the Research and Healthcare market.

Since returning, I've had the pleasure to get to know the Professional Services development team that has grown significantly in my absence and continues to grow to keep pace with the burgeoning Click Compliance Consortium membership. I've also had the pleasure to work with many of you on your deployment efforts and am impressed by the work you have done.

I started this blog with my first post on February 27th as my own personal experiment without a real idea of what I would write about and an apparently unrealistic goal of writing something each week. As I'm sure you've seen, I fell short of that goal quickly, but that didn't mean the desire wasn't there. It's just that real work quickly consumed my time. I guess that was to be expected. I look back now and realize that this is my 28th post and even more amazing to me is that it's actually being read. It's this last revelation that keeps me going and I thank you for your indulgence. You guys are amazing!

A while back I decided to try to address my angst about whether this effort was worth continuing by collecting some usage stats. As I look at it now, I'm gratified (and frankly shocked) at how many of you have taken a peek. I've had visitors from 11 countries. Though I consider visits from countries other than the US and Canada random internet noise, one exception is the inexplicable 5.32% of the visits coming from Bareuri Brazil. Whoever you are, do you need an onsite visit? ;-) Within the US and Canada, readers have come from 27 different states and 2 provinces. Though this medium is mostly anonymous, I have heard from a few of you and I'm grateful for the feedback. If there's something you want to hear more about, please let me know and I'll do my best to oblige.

2010 looks to be another exciting year. New customers, new solutions, and continued growth will keep us all very busy. In the midst of all that, we've begun planning the details for C3DF to be held here in our offices on February 24-25. I hope to see many of you there as the agenda looks like it will be packed with a lot of great information, including some interesting customer presentations. In addition, I'll be teaching our advanced development course the following week. For those of you planning to enroll, you might consider staying in Portland between the two events. Can you say "Ski weekend?"

I hope you all have a happy and safe holiday season.

Cheers!

1 comment: