Thursday, September 3, 2009

What do you wish you learned in Advanced Training but didn’t?

Our Advanced Workflow Configuration course is coming up in a couple of weeks and as, I’ve been thinking about updating the material to take advantage of our newly expanded 3-day course, I’ve been asking myself the question “If I were you, what would I want to learn?”. There are obviously a lot of specific implementation techniques that have been employed over time and we now have the opportunity share these best practices, but I’d prefer to do it in a way that allows students to understand both how to use them, and equally important, in what circumstances are they needed.

You have an opportunity to influence my efforts over the next week or so by sharing your thoughts on moments in your development experience where you feel that you’ve had to wade into the wild unknown. If what you learned while you were on that journey had been explained in advance, would it have made that experience easier? If so, please let me know.

If you’ve discovered what you believe to be an elegant approach to a difficult problem and you feel others can benefit by knowing about it through our  advanced course, drop me a note.

If, despite actively developing on the Click platform, you still have questions about how something really works or how best to approach a particular problem, please share that with me and I’ll see if it makes sense to incorporate the topic in the course.

I’ll gladly make available any material that results from your suggestions.

Send your thoughts to tom.olsen@clickcommerce.com.

Cheers!
- Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment